How to make a Soccer Cookie Cake. A soccer field is easy to make with this delicious chocolate chip cookie recipe! A fun recipe idea for a birthday party, soccer team celebration and to celebrate the new movie Early Man.
How to make a Soccer Cookie Cake
This post is in partnership with Lionsgate
You might wonder what a soccer cookie cake and cave men have in common? Starting February 16, watch Dug and the gang in Early Man. Set at the dawn of time, when dinosaurs and woolly mammoths roamed the earth, Early Man is about how one brave caveman unites his tribe against a mighty enemy and saves the day!
Here’s a secret… it has to do with a soccer game! This new movie from the creators of Chicken Run and Wallace & Gromit looks like lots of fun and also full of exciting soccer moves! Plus it stars the voices of Eddie Redmayne, Tom Hiddleston, and Maisie Williams.
When I was told about the soccer theme in Early Man, I immediately thought of making a soccer field dessert. Since I have one of the best chocolate chip cookie recipes, I turned it into a tasty soccer cookie cake that is perfect for all kinds of events.
This soccer cookie cake is so easy and was lots of fun to make! I’m excited to watch this new movie now and see who wins the game! If you have a soccer lover in your family, go see this fun new film. It’s perfect for the entire family. We are pretty excited to see it!
How to Make an Early Man Soccer Cookie Cake
Green Food Coloring
1 gallon zipper bag
Scissors & Tape
This soccer cookie cake is so easy and looks absolutely adorable! First, make the chocolate chip cookie cake and let it cool. Trim the edges so you have a nice rectangle. Add frosting, coconut and draw your soccer field with white decorating icing.
After you print and cut out the Early Man figures, tape tooth picks to each one and place into the cookie cake. Now you’re ready to party!
Watch the Early Man trailer below and go see the movie starting February 16th.
Soccer Cookie Cake
- 2 ¼ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter softened
- ½ cup sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 3.4 oz package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ cups chocolate chips
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 16 oz can vanilla frosting
- 1 tube green food coloring
- 1 tube white decorating icing
- 2 tablespoons white fondant
- Make the cookie cake by preheating oven to 375°.
- Mix baking soda, flour and salt in a large bowl and set aside.
- Combine butter, sugars and pudding mix into a mixing bowl, beating until fluffy.
- Add vanilla and egg, then beat until smooth. Add flour mixture to the cookie batter and mix well.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread cookie dough evenly on on a cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes. Let cool, trim the edges for a clean rectangle cookie cake and remove to a large cutting board or platter.
- Make the grass by adding coconut to a plastic zipper bag. Add several drops of green food coloring. Seal the bag and mix by kneading the bag. Once you have desired color, let dry.
- Color the frosting green and add to cookie cake.
- Sprinkle coconut over the frosting and gently pat to keep in place.
- Draw the soccer field marks with decorating icing.
- To make a soccer ball, roll fondant into a ball and place chocolate chips around it. Roll gently with your hand again to make smooth.
Originally published on February 12, 2018. Last Updated on April 18, 2019 by Amy Locurto