This homemade Butterbeer Recipe is a perfect treat for all Harry Potter fans! Making this copycat version of Universal Orlando’s frozen Butterbeer recipe is as easy as magic!
Easy Harry Potter Butterbeer Recipe
Harry Potter Fans will love this Easy Butterbeer Recipe!
We have drank our fair share of butterbeer at Universal Orlando and I’m excited to share a homemade copycat Butterbeer recipe so you can drink it at home anytime of the year!
Our wands are packed, because we’re headed to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. We can’t wait for the magic to begin!
My family loves Universal Orlando so much that we live in Texas and have annual passes. We can already smell the Butterbeer and often just go to the park just to get this tasty drink. I know, call us crazy!
If you can’t make it to the theme park, Homemade Harry Potter Butterbeer is very easy to make with this simple Wizarding World of Harry Potter copycat Butterbeer recipe.
What does Harry Potter Butterbeer taste like?
If you’ve never had Butterbeer and wondering what it tastes like, I will try to describe it for you. It’s not actual beer, but a dessert drink similar to a milkshake.
The Butterbeer you get at Universal Orlando is a very sweet cream soda and butterscotch tasting drink. It comes in a frozen version or regular topped with a tasty sweet foam.
I personally like the regular Butterbeer the best, because it’s not as sweet to me. Since my kids love anything super sweet, they like the frozen version best. So the frozen butterbeer what we’ll be making today!
I can’t make it exactly like they do at Universal Orlando, but sure came close!
How Do You Make Copycat Butterbeer?
We’re sharing our copycat version of Harry Potter’s favorite treat today. Keep this easy Harry Potter themed recipe handy to make for birthday parties or any time of the year.
We especially like making this drink when we’re missing all the rides and Harry Potter magic of Universal Orlando!!!
You might also love these ideas:
- Harry Potter Butterbeer Cake in a Mug
- 5 Reasons to Celebrate Christmas at Universal Orlando
- Copycat Pineapple Dole Whip Recipe
- Easy Frosted Lemonade Recipe
Harry Potter Butterbeer Recipe
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 2 cups cream soda ice cubes freeze cream soda in ice cube trays
- 2 teaspoons butter extract
- 4 tablespoons butterscotch syrup or ice cream topping plus extra for garnish
- 1 cup cream soda
- pinch of salt
- whipped cream for topping
- Put all of the Butterbeer recipe ingredients, excluding the whipped cream, in a blender and whip it until smooth.
- Pour the Butterbeer into your favorite frozen mug, top with whipped cream and butterscotch syrup. Enjoy!!
Originally published March 12, 2018 – Updated 8/26/21
Originally published on August 26, 2021. Last Updated on August 26, 2021 by Amy Locurto