When your middle school and high school kids are bored, check out this list of the best 55 Boredom Busters for Teens! From life skills to easy crafts, this teen activities list will keep them busy for the next few weeks while we navigate our new reality.
55 Bordom Busters for Teens
With the latest news and school closings, we’re staying at home and doing our part with social distancing. Being stuck in at home all day is NOT fun!
What should a teenager do when bored?
There are only so many movies you can watch right? With two teenagers at home now, I needed to make a list of things they could do to keep them busy for a while.
I’m happy to share my boredom buster list for teens with you today. I hope it helps you with some good resources.
Simple and fun things Teenagers can do today!
- Write out a plan for the week with this free printable calendar. – Writing out a weekly plan can help fight boredom.
- Make fluffy slime.
- Make DIY cat containers from recycled bottles.
- Create a bucket list of things you want to do while at home.
- Read or listen to books. Audible is my favorite gift for teens! Find some of my favorite audio books here.
- Play these 5 fun games with your family. – They don’t cost a thing!
- Research local charities to see how you can help from home.
- Make a dream board out of old magazines. Cut out things you love and want to do someday, then glue to a poster board.
- Challenge the family with board games. Find some new ones here.
- Download and print fun free coloring pages here.
- Learn to Crochet
- Make Homemade Hand Sanitizer
- Take a voice lesson then have fun singing karaoke with your friends on Facetime!
- Explore the world online! –> Here are some places I have been. Check out this fun map for photos around the world.
Most teens probably already have their favorite apps or workouts on Youtube. Here are some fun ones to checkout:
- The Fitness Marshall – super fun dance videos!
- Yoga With Adriene
- Fight Camp for boxing
- PopSugar Fitness
- Learn How to Shuffle Dance – My newest workout craze. It’s hard, but so fun!
- Down Dog app for yoga is free until April 1st.
- The Peloton app is free for 90 days and you don’t need their equipment! Find all kinds of workouts with top trainers.
Get Organized For Summer
Get organized by cleaning out closets, bathrooms and more.
- Small bathroom organization ideas
- Donate clothes and unwanted items to charities or sell online using Poshmark.
Research Colleges and Careers
- Find the Top 10 lists of most popular degrees in America.
- Explore what you can do with specific college majors.
- Take a free practice test for college.
- Find a dream school
- Take a career assessment test.
- Here’s another quick career interest test.
Learn Real Life Skills From Home
These life skills might be the most important things you can learn about when you’re bored! Get ready for real life with these ideas.
Learn to Cook and Bake
Learn about Kitchen Measurements – Someday you’ll be glad you did.
Here are some of my most simple recipes for teens to try:
- Chocolate chip cookies
- Pepperoni Pizza Rolls
- Nutella French Toast
- Honey Lime Baked Chicken
- Cheesecake Strawberries
- Instant Pot Potato Soup
More Good Life Skills to Know
Find out what happens when need to move out from home:
- Go apartment hunting online to see what things cost!
- Learn what you need to know about getting an apartment.
- How to buy a house.
- 20 Best jobs in America in 2020
Learn tips for how to make and save money!
- Learn 8 Money Tips for Teenagers
- Learn how the Stock Market Works
- Learn how to make $100 Fast
Learn New Communication Skills
Dan O’Connor is a Tactical Communication Skills Expert and has some amazing YouTube training videos! Here are a few of my favorites:
- Learn how to start a conversation
- How to get people to like you more
- How to use body language to deal with difficult people
- How to sound more fascinating
Work on yourself with these video tips:
Talk to Someone
Talkspace for teens is a great way for them to virtually talk things through with a therapist. Teens can chat via text with a matching therapist based on their needs.
Keep Learning with Educational Lessons From Home
- Learn about History by watching Netflix! Find the 30 best Netflix history documentaries streaming now – click here to see them all.
- Watch the Bill Nye the Science Guy series!
- Explore the world of Art History. Smarthistory is the most-visited art history resource in the world & official provider of art history for Khan Academy.
- Keep up with math skills with online lessons from Khan Academy.
- Learn more about technology and how to solve important world problems. Check out The Knowledge Society (TKS)
Learn Skills that Could Get You Future Work
Learn to write like a pro!
I know many bloggers who would love to hire someone to write for them! A professional copywriter is always in demand.
- I love this course by a pro copywriter and Cambridge University writing teacher.
- Learn how to write for the internet with comedian Matt Bellassai. His Going Viral course looks like a lot of fun!
Take a Python Coding Bootcamp
Learn Python like a Professional! Start from the basics and go all the way to creating your own applications and games with this popular class that is less than $15 now.
Learn How to Paint or Draw
- Watch free drawing tutorials on Youtube with Emmy Kalia
- Learn how to paint with 7 hours of free acrylic painting videos by Will Kemp.
- I love this class for how to do Sketchbook Illustration by Samantha Dion Baker.
Connect With Amy at Living Locurto!
Follow us on social media, so you never miss a post.
You’re also invited to join our fun Facebook group! CLICK HERE TO JOIN.
Originally published on March 17, 2020. Last Updated on May 15, 2021 by Amy Locurto