A few months ago I Heart Faces had a fun photo walk in Dallas. After getting very hot and sweaty, my friend Kerri and I took a trip over to the nice and cool Dallas Museum of Art. We ended up having the best time in the kids area! I loved their materials bar and craft area.
They had bins full scrap materials along with scissors and hole punches for kids to craft away. What I thought was interesting was there was no glue to craft with… only tape.
Well, it wasn’t JUST for kids.
We made self portraits.
Mine looks just like me right?
I hope this inspires you to get crafty with a friend (or child). You don’t need fancy supplies, or even glue for that matter, to have fun! If you visit the DMA, look for our portraits on the wall among the kid’s art!
My Weekly Re-Cap
- Halloween Butterfly Pumpkin
- Free September Desktop Calendar
- Printable Damask Closet Organizer Tags
- Free Printable Labor Day Invites
- I Heart Faces – Photojournalism Photo Challenge
My Favorite Reads This Week
- Paper Shoes Adorable! A super creative idea by children.
- Peanut Butter Frosting
- Back to School Pencil Fun!
- S’mores Pudding Pie
- Where do you blog? Party. (Bloggers link photos to their office space- very fun!)
- Elegant Wallpapered Office Nook (one of my favorite office tours)
- $4 Tee + $1 store towel = Fabulous Anthro-Inspired Shirt!
A BIG Thanks to August’s Top Referrers!
- 1. Tasty Kitchen Blog
- 2. One Pretty Thing
- 3. A Print A Day
- 4. The Pioneer Woman
- 5. The Long Thread
- 6. Paper Glitter
[ad#Google Ad- 200 image]
Originally published on September 3, 2010. Last Updated on May 15, 2021 by Amy Locurto